What Is Advance Parole?

An Undocumented Immigrant cannot travel outside the United States and legally return, however, as a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) recipient, TPS holder, and a person in the process of AOS (Adjustment of Status) it is possible to leave and return to the United States.  The document that facilitates travel is called “Advance Parole”, it is form I-131 issued by USCIS for those that have a legitimate reason for travel.  At this website you will find “step-by-step-instructions” on how to apply for Advance Parole as DACA recipients (specifically) but these guides are also applicable for TPS holders and those in the middle of AOS.

DACA recipients may request Advance Parole for three reasons:

Work purposes

  • Oversea assignments
  • Interviews
  • Conference and trainings
  • Meetings

Education purposes

  • Study Abroad
  • Research
  • Internships

Humanitarian Purposes

  • Visiting sick relatives
  • Medical assistance for yourself
  • Funeral service
  • Other urgent family-related purposes
  • Mission Trips

The document costs $575, you may find more official information at www.uscis.gov/i-131 

If you have a criminal or immigration record (such as previous deportation orders or got detained at the border upon initial entry) please contact a reliable and legitimate lawyer or submit a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).

Click on the following link, if you are in need of a lawyer: http://www.aila.org