Educational Reasons

Advance Parole for EDUCATIONAL purposes

  • Study Abroad
  • Research
  • Internships

Use the following link to view an example of how to fill out the I-131:

To download the I-131 and the G-1145 (DACA recipients cannot submit Advance Parole online) go to:


1)Letter of your institution or the program’s advisor indicating their name, your name, where are you going, why are you going, and when you are going.  It needs to be an official letter, it is recommended to include the University’s logo.  An example of  the letter BELOW:

2)Letter of the professor or professors teaching you abroad, it must include their name, your name, where are you going, why are you going, and when you are going (optional, but recommended if applicable).  An example of the letter BELOW:

3) Official transcripts from your University (or Community College), in most cases, abroad classes will not be included in your official transcripts, but providing them will prove that you are enrolled in a credible institution. (If not applicable or available, this is optional).

4) A flyer of the program or print out from the study abroad office or page of your school, it needs to include where you are going, and the dates.

5) A copy of your passport (only the first page, where it indicates your name, sex, age and picture).

6) A copy of your employment card (work authorization card)

7) Two passport pictures (required)

8) Your l-797 notice for your I-821D (The pretty page that you received when your DACA document arrived) If you already renewed send your renewal l-797 notice NOT the initial DACA.  If you do not have this piece of paper, the copy of your EAD (work authorization card) is enough).

Example of the I-797 notice

9) A money order or check of $575 to U.S Department of Homeland Security

10) A “letter of request” also known as a memo, indicating where you are going, when you are going and why. An example below:

11) Form G-1145 (recommended) enables USCIS to send you E-mails and texts regarding the process of your case.

The form G-1145 must be on top of all your documents, then the letter of request, and third your I-131 form.

Send your documents on a big yellow envelope to:

P.O. Box 5757
Chicago, IL 60680-5757

or via Express mail

ATTN: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
131 S. Dearborn – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

It does not matter what State you live in, all DACA recipients requesting Advance Parole must send the documents to Chicago (above address).

Please send your packet as certified mail at the postal office (it is safer).

Disclaimer: This information was not written by a lawyer but by very well informed individuals, if you need legal assistance please visit to find a professional counsel.